The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in any home. Because it’s such a hygiene-sensitive area, thoroughly tidying up and sanitizing a bathroom takes time and effort. So it’s no surprise that many people prefer to outsource this task to the professionals who offer recurring cleaning in Timonium, MD.
If you’re wondering how the professionals do this, or if you’d like to learn how to do this type of cleaning yourself, read on. We’ve prepared a quick 6-step bathroom cleaning guide that will help you ensure your bathing area is sparkling at all times!
How do I deep clean my whole bathroom?
Every part of your home needs a deep cleaning once in a while, and the bathroom is no exception. However, any cleaning session is easier if you break it down into smaller steps first:
Step 1: Prepare
First, declutter – remove any towels, shampoo bottles or soap dispensers that may be in the way. Then, gather what you need for the cleaning: baking soda, white vinegar, bleach, all-purpose cleaner, bathroom cleaner, wipes, toilet bowl cleaner, and glass cleaner.
Step 2: Tackle the shower and bathtub
The shower and bathtub are probably the reason why most people put off cleaning the bathroom. They take up most of the space and you’ll need to approach them correctly:
- Wash your shower curtain and liner and just hang them back on their hooks to air-dry.
- Wipe a mix of a few drops of vinegar and baking soda on your shower doors. Leave it for an hour and then wipe off with a damp cloth, rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
- Spray a bathroom cleaner all over your bathtub and let it sit. state. Then scrub and rinse.
- Finish with the showerhead. Tie a grocery bag full of vinegar around your showerhead so it’s completely submerged. Leave it overnight, then rinse.
Step 3: Deal with tile grout
Try not to let grime get out of control in between your bathroom’s tiles. Carefully apply a mix of ¾ cup of bleach and 1 gallon of water with a brush. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and rinse with water. Instead of bleach, you can use alternatives you’re more comfortable with.
Step 4: Wipe the walls
An all-purpose cleaner will do fine for your walls. If you want a deeper clean, after spraying the cleaner, steam up the bathroom with hot water from your shower. Then turn off the shower, leave the bathroom and shut the door. After 20 minutes, go back in and wipe down the walls.
Step 5: Deep clean the toilet bowl
Make sure to include the toilet bowl as well as all the parts attached to it:
- Pour toilet bowl cleaner all along the top of the bowl. After about 5 minutes, scrub with a toilet brush and flush to rinse.
- Spray your toilet brush with disinfectant or, pour bleach over its bristles while holding it over a sink or toilet. Be sure to clean it after every use.
- To keep your toilet seat clean, flush the lever and cover, use an all-purpose cleaner or wipe down with disinfecting wipes.
Step 6: Brighten up the sink
Did you know that there are more bacteria on the bathroom sink than in any other part of the bathroom? This is why it is essential to clean it properly. Wipe the faucet, handles, countertop and bowl of the sink with a bathroom cleaner or disinfectant. Pour some vinegar or baking soda down the drain followed by hot water.
Where can I hire a reliable recurring cleaning service in Timonium, MD?
When it comes to the health and safety of your family, some things are best left to the professionals. Whether you need deep or recurring cleaning, the reliable and experienced staff from Dirt Detective Cleaning will take care of every corner of your home in Timonium.
If you want your kitchen sparkling clean, your living room spotless, or your kid’s room thoroughly cleaned, you can rely on our team! Feel free to spend a day with your family in Timonium, knowing you’ll come back to a pristine home!